I’m wrapping up my HubSpot Academy Inbound Marketing Certification today. I’ve tried to post quotes and articles that I’ve found useful along the way through my Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn accounts. One summary I found useful (and worth posting) was a summary of 12 best practices for email marketing during Alan Perlman’s class:
- Identify a specific goal.
- Segment your list
- Personalize when possible
- Create consistency between “from name” & “from email” address
- Use actionable language
- Create Clear & Compelling subject lines and email copy
- Write mostly in the second person
- Focus on benefits (not features)
- Be brief
- Have a concise signature and footer
- Test your email
- Analyze your email
The certification is well-worth your time. Be sure to check Perlman’s “Sending the Right Email to the Right Lead” class out.